What it is:
- An open source eurorack sample streaming and sound synthesis module.
- Half streamer, half sampler, therefore called Strämpler (close to German word of Strampler meaning romper suit).
- Allows streaming of large audio files from SD card (limit 2GB file size due to FAT32 used).
- A eurorack modular synth module with 22 HP width and an internet connection.
- A bridge to connect to freesound.org, to play with samples within your modular synth setup.
- Allows tweaking of your sound just like you’d do with a sampler + a modular synth.
- Allows to parameter tweak and modulate sounds by control voltage (CV), employing a complex modulation matrix.
More details / how to contribute:
Visit the project web-page on CTAG @ Github.
Who made this happen:
The team of CTAG (Creative Technologies Arbeitsgruppe) at Kiel University of Applied Science, including:
Robert Manzke, Phillip Lamp, Niklas Wantrupp
With kind support for the front panel design by David Knop from instruments of things.